IPL skin treatments improve the appearance of photoaged skin, remove age spots (sun-induced freckles), most benign brown pigments, and redness caused by broken capillaries through a process called photo-rejuvenation for face and body. The process is ideal for patients with active lifestyles because the procedure requires no downtime and has a low risk of side effects.
The gentle, non-ablative treatments use broad spectrum light to treat the face, chest, neck and hands—virtually anywhere that sun damage shows.
A broad spectrum of light is transmitted through a small, smooth, transparent hand piece which is gently placed over the skin. Cut-off filters in the handpiece change the wavelength range allowing it to be optimized for different applications and skin types. The light penetrates the tissue and is absorbed by either the blood when treating vascular lesions or the melanin when treating pigmented lesions damaging them. The body's natural processes then remove the injured tissue giving the skin a more even and youthful appearance.
IPL skin treatments using photorejuvenation often consist of full-face treatment or treatment of isolated body areas like the hands or chest. The treatment regimen typically consists of:
- Four to six treatments administered at three week intervals
- Broad spectrum light in the visible and near infrared range, from 515 nm up to about 1200 nm
As a sub-epidermal procedure, IPL skin treatments using photorejuvenation produce few side effects and requires little to no alteration in the patient's normal routine.
Several appealing qualities of IPL treatment using photorejuvenation which result in very high levels of patient satisfaction.
- IPL treatments are quick, gentle and non-invasive. There is no interruption of routine activities.
- By helping to remove the age spots (sun-induced freckles) and broken capillaries, the *result is overall more even, luminous, younger looking skin.
- Patients usually see dramatic *results within a very short time.
*Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person.